Friday 15 March 2013

♡Tips And Tricks To Grow Long Nails♡

Hello blogger friends, now my iPhone is letting me upload my photos onto my laptop which means more frequent blogging YAY. So I will start with a post that has been very highly requested on instagram which is tips on how I grow my nails. On instagram I always get asked how I grow my nails and I dont have any specific way I just have 10 tips and tricks which may help you to grow yours so lets just get into it!

Firstly I just thought I'd let you know that I don't use any nail growing products and I have had long nails since I can remember  For nail polish remover I use the Sally Hansen 'regular nail polish remover for all nail types' and it isn't a good nail polish remover to use as it contains acetone which is harmful to the nails (oopsy). I paint my nails every Sunday and I can't stand how my nails look when they aren't painted so painting them is like a ritual to me haha. Firstly I take off my old nail polish, file them in a square shape, paint them with a normal nail polish e.g. Avon nailwear pro in apricot (in the picture below) and then I use my favorite top coat over the top. The top coat that I use is Sally Hansen 'insta-dry' and I love this and I will defenitley be re-purchasing this again in the future, it literally dries my nails in around 40 seconds, makes them super shiny and stops them from chipping. 

10 Tips And Tricks That You Could Try:
1. Try and use an acetone free nail polish remover (unlike me) because acetone weakens the nails and dries them out so your nails will break very easily.
2. Try not to bite your nails (I know that this can be hard for some people) personally I feel ill at even the thought of biting my nails and I have never done it but if this is your habit then try and stop if you can.
3. Don't use your nails as tools to open things e.g cans or tins as this will make them break very easily.
4. If you are going to cut your nails then cut them whilst they are wet as this will help to prevent breakage on the rest of the nail.
5. Moisturize your nails and cuticles as this will keep them hydrated and nourished. I reccomend using the Vaseline hand cream in the pink tube, its great.
6. I don't know if this helps a lot but I always wear nail polish and I suppose this acts as like a second coat to your nails (if you know what I mean haha) so it makes them thicker and stronger and it makes them less likely to break. Even if you don't wear nail polish or your not allowed to wear it to school then you could just wear a clear top coat to keep them healthy.
7. keep good care of them, so file them every now and then to make sure there not going to catch on things which will break and chip them.
8. When you file your nails, file them in one direction so they don't get weaker and break.
9. I don't use one but maybe you could try using a 'fast nail growth' top coat (I think Sally Hansen do one) because this would help them to grow faster.
10. If your really serious about growing your nails then you could take Biotin which is a vitamin that helps skin, hair and nails to grow healthier and quicker. Its the vitamin that is found in most skin, hair and nail tablets but by taking pure Biotin it will work faster. You can buy this from Holland & Barret.

On the top left are my natural nails with no nail polish on, the bottom right is my nails when they have been freshly filed and painted and the other picture is the nail polish remover and top coat that I use and love.

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed x

2 comments: