Thursday 24 January 2013

My Thoughts On: The Wreck This Journal♥

 Hello everyone, today I'm going to be telling you about a lovely book called 'wreck this journal' by Keri Smith. First of all it is a journal with lots of pages in and on every page it tell you too do something which wrecks it for example: 'colour the entire page' 'scratch with a sharp object' 'collect all the stamps from your mail' 'cover this page with your hand prints and fingerprints,get them dirty,then press them down' 'spill,spit,drip,fling your coffee here.' It sounds very weird and unusual I know but believe me its so fun and addictive, below I have included a collage of a few pictures of some of my favorite pages that I have completed in my 'wreck this journal.' I have also included a picture of what the book looks like, you can decorate the cover however you like, most people decorate it with pictures or wallpaper but I choose to decorate it with a few cute hello kitty stickers and I also stuck a few blue,glittery sequins around the title but most of them fell off. I choose to decorate my like this because I thought If I wrapped it up in something it would just ruin the whole effect of how damaged the book looks.

The books are available in WHSmiths and urban outfitters for around £9 I think. However I got mine from amazon for £6.74 here's the direct link to it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wreck-This-Journal-Create-Destroy/dp/1846144450/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359048240&sr=8-1

I didn't want this post to be a big ramble that no one reads and hopefully it wasn't but I'm going to stop here by saying its an amazing book and when I'm bored it definitely gives me something to do, I can't wait til its all done and I can flick through the pages proudly. I'd definitely recommend getting one If you don't have one already especially if you love drawing and your a very creative person.

Some of my completed favorite pages of my wreck this journal.
The cover of the wreck this journal.


No comments:

Post a Comment